A Celebration of Life Service for Earl Diedrich will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 12th, at the Millville American Legion Post #579 in Millville, MN with Rev. Dr. Bob Summers officiating. Burial will be at a later date in the Millville Cemetery in Millville.
Mr. Diedrich, 56, of St. Charles, MN and formerly of Millville, MN died Sunday morning, April 22, 2012 at Rochester Methodist Hospital in Rochester, MN.
Earl William Diedrich was born February 8, 1956 in Wabasha, MN to Martin and Evelyn (Schuchard) Diedrich. He attended school in Millville and Elgin High School in Elgin, MN. Earl served in the US Marine Corps from 1975 to 1978. On November 14, 1981 he married Kim Nesler in St. Charles, MN and they were later divorced. Earl lived in Millville, Plainview, Dover and St. Charles, MN.
Earl co-owned and operated the Holiday House Restaurant in Dover, MN for several years with Joe and Nancy Diedrich. He and his wife Kim owned and operated the Cellar Restaurant in Rochester whis was formerly John Cocino Restaurant. He was employed by Millville Café in Millville, “The Hill” in Plainview,Good Sports Bar & Grill in St. Charles and operated Elsie’s Café in St. Charles from 2005 to 2006. His latest employment was at Lakeside Food for Hormel in Plainview. Earl enjoyed cooking, going fishing and playing golf. He was a member of the Millville Legion Post #579 at Millville.
Earl is survived by his children, LaNae Diedrich and David Diedrich both of St. Charles, MN; one sister, Mary (Jeff) Taylor of Stewartville, MN; four brothers, Joseph (Nancy) Diedrich of Dover, MN, Billy (Carmen) Diedrich, Larry Diedrich, and Thomas (Ruth Ann) Diedrich all of Millville, MN; his ex-wife, Kim Diedrich of St. Charles, MN; and good friend Randy Tesmer. He was preceded in death by his parents.
Family prefers Memorials.